WOW...What an AMAZING weekend.
I have decided to break the posts up into days based on the large amount of pics I have.
Friday November 7th, 2008
A last minute decision started our weekend journey out at 7:30am. Andy and I decided to head up to Ashville to view the Biltmore Estate before joining the rest of the gang at the mountain house. We knew that we would be in for a challenge taking both of you at such a young age but didn't want to miss the opportunity since we were staying so close by (also, it was the first day of Christmas at Biltmore). We made several stops before leaving town and finally were on the road by 8:30am. It was a long ride but the car games I posted and taking the computer to watch movies on, kept Ayden entertained. Ayden, the expression on your face and excitement in your eyes when we first spotted the mountains was priceless. You began hooping and hollering with excitement. The fall foilage was breathtaking. I can't remember ever going to the mountains in the fall and I was stunned at the beauty of the leaves. I found myself thinking several times over the weekend how amazing it is that God created such beauty. Ally Brynn, you were restless and a little harder in the car. You took a short nap but the only thing that kept you entertained was the SNACKS. Go figure :-) We arrived at the Biltmore estate at about 11:30. I had planned to put you both in your Christmas outfits and take pictures in front of the house but realized quickly upon arrival that we would have a little hike to the house. I didn't want you guys to be in the outfits all day and be uncomfortable. We spent the day on the grounds of the estate, viewing the home, garden, farm and winery. You guys were so tired but were GREAT. Ayden, you LOVED the bowling alley and the indoor pool and Ally Brynn you were intrigued with the painted ceilings. By the afternoon, Ally Brynn, you sacked out and Ayden you geared up. We were so happy to share that experience with the both of you and can't wait to go back when you guys are older to do the horseback riding and biking on the grounds. The estate sits on 8,000 acres and was absolutely gorgeous.
Friday Afternoon:
We arrived in Gerton, NC (I think I am spelling that correctly) at the Whisenhunts mountain house around 5:30 Friday evening. Chuck, Parrish, Kylee, Bert, Chi and Carley were there waiting on us. The house was so beautiful sitting up on the side of the mountain at the end of a windy road covered in yellow, orange and red fall leaves. We were very tired, and after supper, called it an early evening. Saturday would also be a long day filled with new experiences and lots of adventure. Here are the Friday pics from the Biltmore Estate in Ashville NC.
No comments:
Post a Comment